Friday, May 09, 2014

UKIP cockup: now there are 17 leaflets with illegal imprints

UKIP's attempts to storm to success in the local elections in Newcastle and Gateshead seem to be floundering. I reported last week that Ukippers had circulated a local election leaflet in Dunston Hill and Whickham East ward with a totally inadequate and illegal imprint. Now, I hear that a total of 17 UKIP leaflets in Gateshead and Newcastle are suffering from the same problem. I also believe that the problem has been drawn to the attention of the UKIP agent. I have no intelligence as to what has happened to any offending (offensive?) leaflets not yet circulated but it is noticeable that the equivalent local election leaflets have not yet appeared in mine or the neighbouring ward of Whickham North, though the national leaflets have been delivered (courtesy of Royal Mail). I am presuming that the paper recycling industry is now dealing with an unexpected supply of raw materials.

No comments: