Sunday, April 27, 2014

A UKIP leaflet cock-up in Gateshead

I have been let off from leafleting in Lobley Hill and Bensham ward on the grounds that our candidate, Dave Fawcett, has enough helpers to get his next Focus out. The good news comes with a sting in its tail. I am sitting opposite a pile of tabloids waiting to go out in Blaydon ward. A mere 750, many more than I would have been given to do in Lobley Hill. Ouch! I'm looking for volunteers to relieve me of the burden.

Meanwhile, I have in my possession a UKIP local election leaflet for Dunston Hill and Whickham East ward. This is the first time they have ever produced a local leaflet in the Whickham area. It was delivered with the advertising bumph for pizzas and chip shops. Alas, UKIP's inexperience shows. Their candidate tells all about her views on a variety of issues (one very long paragraph which is punctuation-challenged) and it is announced that UKIP are "working hard all year in Gateshead" - a claim which is backed up with no evidence at all (as there is none). Alas, there is no mention of the agent or promoter in the imprint. Oops!


No comments: