Saturday, January 09, 2016

Farewell Minnie Robson

Minnie Robson Jan 16

Minnie Robson was the Labour councillor for Lamesley until 2003 and when I was first elected to Gateshead Council in 1987, she was chair of the social services committee. I very rapidly learnt that she worked with my Dad on the Team Valley Trading Estate in either the 1950s or 1960s. Minnie was one of the most friendly councillors when I was elected. I worked closely with here on a small committee of 5 members called Adaptations for the Disabled. She was not one of those Labour councillors who believed I was a baby eating monster just because I was not a member of the Labour tribe. She saw merit in everyone and was happy to work with anyone in pursuit of better public services.

Minnie passed away on 26th December and her funeral was yesterday. I went to pay my respects. Kibblesworth Methodist Church was packed for the service, a strong indication of the affection felt for her.

RIP Minnie Robson.

No comments: