Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Delivering Marley Hill and Byermoor

Marley Hill leaflet delivery Nov 15 (1)

Marley Hill and Byermoor villages are in my council ward in Gateshead. They are both relatively small with 170 and 55 houses respectively. I wrote the focus for the 2 villages over the weekend. We had plenty of news and had to leave some stories out of this A3 edition. The main articles are about the sale of Marley Hill School for housing, an appeal for volunteers to help tidy up planters in the villages, damage to the embankment next to Marley Hill football pitch and Labour's decision to spend £45,000 on refurbishing the Leader and Cabinet offices at Gateshead Civic Centre.

I spent this morning delivering the two villages.

Marley Hill leaflet delivery Nov 15 (2)

Meanwhile, as I write this, my colleague Cllr John McClurey should be finishing the printing of the Sunniside Focus. I'm expecting a large quantity to be deposited with me later today.

No comments: