Sunday, March 22, 2015

Coming up this week

I am hurtling towards yet another busy week. As well as lots of election activities (I won't elaborate on them as I'm not going to give all those Labour gremlins who read my blog an advanced look at our plans, though we do have lots of letters to deliver in my ward), I have group on Monday (my second as leader), cabinet, Dunston Staiths renovation event and Marley Hill Community Centre management committee on Tuesday, scrutiny committee on Wednesday to look at landfill issues, a freeman ceremony, a primary school visit to the Civic Centre and full council on Thursday and a visit to Global News on Friday. Meanwhile, on Saturday, I will be helping to run the community pub at Marley Hill Community Centre.

Those being granted freeman of Gateshead on Thursday are David Putnam (film producer), Anthony Sargent (former director of the Sage Art Gallery) and the Royal Northern Sinfonia. Gone have the days when I could turn up at these events and relax whilst others did the hard work. As Leader of the Opposition, I am giving a speech welcoming the honours. If anyone has any good lines I can include, please get in touch!

No comments: