Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Putting away my chef's hat

I had an interesting email from YouTube a couple of weeks ago. They wrote to me as an "expert chef" and YouTube partner, inviting me to apply for their Next Chef programme. For the 12 lucky people selected, there would be lots of new camera equipment and additional promotion of their YouTube channels. I rather liked the fact that I had been invited, thought it would be fun to apply, held out no expectation of getting anywhere and, once I had completed the form, completely forgot about it.

Alas, this morning I received an email telling me that I had not been successful. Time to put my chef's hat away. Still, it was nice to be invited and useful to know that my channel has been noticed by the people running YouTube.

If anyone wants to view any of my videos, go to www.youtube.com/jonathanwallace.

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: