Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pounding the streets again this morning

I was out again this morning to visit constituents and talk to them about the Coalition as well as any local issues they wanted to raise. I had a very enjoyable three hours with conversations ranging from fair votes to the history of Whickham to my family's history. I was even invited in by the current owners of a house where my great great grandfather lived (the house was built for him in 1902). The house continued to be occupied by my great aunt Cissie until the 1980s and the current residents knew all about my connection with it.

I don't have a count yet for the number of replies to our Coalition survey we got back today as my ward colleague, John McClurey, still has some of them. Usefully, I picked up more email addresses from people who wanted to be on our email newsletter circulation list. The next edition will be produced shortly so they will be included.

No comments: