Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Newcastle update

The campaign in Newcastle is going well and I have been lined up to do some deliveries later this week in Central. Talking of which, I mentioned a few days ago on my blog that there seems to be an interesting split developing in the Labour vote in parts of Newcastle Central. Westgate ward in particular was reporting that people were voting for Nick Forbes as the local councillor but not all the Labour vote was transferring over to Labour for the general election.

I now learn that Cllr Forbes in not up for election this year, which makes me wonder what will happen to his local vote. My spies tell me that not a single person canvassed mentioned the name of the other 2 Labour councillors in the ward. Seems as though profiles win prizes!

No comments: