Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some more snow pics

Yes, I've been out with the camera and snapped a few photos around my ward. Here are some of them:

Sandy Lonnen Jan 10 no 13

Sandy Lonnen Jan 10 no 7

Sandy Lonnen Jan 10 no 2

The three above are of the Sandy Lonnen, the medieval lane that runs from the Derwent Valley, between Whickham and Sunniside. We walked down it on Sunday to go to Hollinside Manor House. Here are some of the photos we took when we got there.

Hollinside Manor in snow Jan 10 no 38

Hollinside Manor in snow Jan 10 no 33
(and through the square window)

Hollinside Manor in snow Jan 10 no 17
(I can imagine that this one will end up appearing on Xmas cards later this year!)

Hollinside Manor in snow Jan 10 no 6
(I was not half feeling the cold at this point!)

The following is the railway viaduct in the Derwent Valley. I put the telescopic lens on the camera and snapped it from Hollinside.

Derwent Valley rail viaduct Jan 10 no 4

Labour didn't repair the roof when the sun shone!:

Hollinside Manor in snow Jan 10 no 4
(Taken near Hollinside, I think the derelict building is an old farm worker's cottage)

Out filming for my latest snow epic movie:

Jonathan and camera Jan 10

Is that an icicle in your hands or are you just pleased to see me?:

Icicle Jan 10

1 comment:

Shenandoah bed and breakfast said...

Wow very nice and snow looks very deep! It is really great memory; you must have been a bit chilly in that first one! Well worth the effort though and looks great fun. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Best Regards,