Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tree planting in Whickham

One of the tasks to perform yesterday (Tuesday) was to help plant trees at Washingwell School and on the Watergate Estate in Whickham. The Mayor Cllr John Eagle came along as well. My colleagues Councillors Peter Maughan, Yvonne McNicol and John McClurey (and his dog) joined in as well, despite the freezing weather.

Inevitably I turned up with my SLR and my new video camera. A few of the photos are below. A full set and the video will be sent to Washingwell School once the video is edited. And as I'm such a generous chap, I'll send a disc to Labour Councillor and Mayor John Eagle.

As a result of the mud, my shoes and suit now need cleaning.

Meanwhile, good time had by all this evening at the Sunniside History Society Xmas buffet in Sunniside Club. I did not win the history quiz!

Washingwell School tree planting Dev 09 no 39

Cllr Peter Maughan and Cllr Yvonne McNicol with shovels at the ready

Washingwell School tree planting Dev 09 no 21

The Mayor Cllr John Eagle shovels the dirt!

Washingwell School tree planting Dev 09 no 17

Green fingers and green jackets

Washingwell School tree planting Dev 09 no 16

Yvonne directs the planting

Washingwell School tree planting Dev 09 no 15

More green fingers

No comments: