Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The slow train back

When I got the train down from Newcastle yesterday, we were an hour late into Kings Cross. The delay had nothing to do with the snow and everything to do with the train that broken down ahead of us and the electrical failure just north of Kings Cross. Westminster itself was like a winter scene from an edition of Survivors. Barely a sole in sight. And the journey from work to the flat last night was like something from Mission Impossible. Amazingly I made it.

Today has been a marginal improvement. I got to the station this morning and had to dash to catch the train which was packed out. And this evening, having left Cowley St late (working on a Focus leaflet) I found most trains at Victoria cancelled. It seems the last one is the 10.07 and thankfully it goes via Crystal Palace. I am on it down. I think it would have been quicker to walk!

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: