Saturday, May 24, 2008

Labour plotters "couldn't organise a coup"

You can always rely on Austin Mitchell MP to put the boot in on Labour generally. Well, today is no different. As I sit having breakfast in the garden checking the BBC News on my blackberry, I read the following quote from Mitchell, directed at possible leadership contenders:

"This lot wouldn't know how to organise a coup if the research department gave them a manual on how to do it."

As I have said on a number of occasions, there will be no realistic challenge to Brown. I have taken a less cynical view of the situation than Austin Mitchell. My view is there will be no coup as the next generation does not want to take over when they are not sure if the ship they will command has been holed below the waterline. Mitchell's view is simply that they're all a bunch of useless, incompetent nobodies who couldn't organise a coup in a cabinet.

Austin Mitchell for Labour leader please!
---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: