Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Whiff of Watergate

This was going to be a headline in one of our Focus leaflets. Watergate Park which is partly in my ward in Gateshead, is having a problem over the lack of dog bins. People are leaving bags of dog poo hanging from a fence in the park in protest. I wish now I had used the headline!

The first I knew of the arrest of Lord Levy was this afternoon when I was in a meeting with Ed Davey. He was called out after getting a pager message and came back in a few minutes later to tell us the news.

So, the plot deepens. From allegedly flogging peerages on a low interest, full money back (at an indefinite point in the future) guaranteed basis the story line moves on to apparent cover ups. If Jeffrey Archer wrote this, the publishers would have rejected this as too far fetched!

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: